Workshop Training: Introduction to HTML5 and CSS38 months ago
This 8-hour workshop by Marta Armada and Javier Usobiaga (Swwweeet.com) is an introduction to HTML5 and CSS3, aimed to web designers and developers with a minimum knowledge of HTML and CSS. The workshop will cover the main innovations around HTML and CSS, with practical exercises and lots of resources to deepen the different areas.
The introduction to HTML5 covers:
- New semantic tags and the new philosophy behind
- Native video and audio
- New form elements: inputs, attributes, native validation
- Canvas API (a light introduction)
- Web Storage API (a light introduction)
- WebSQL & IndexedDB API (a light introduction)
- Cache manifest API (a light introduction)
- Drag and Drop API (a light introduction)
- Geolocation API (a light introduction)
- Web Messages, Web Workers & Web Sockets (a light introduction)
The introduction to CSS3 will cover
- Decoration properties: border-radius, RGBa & HSLa, box-shadow, text-shadow
- @font-face: using custom fonts
- Multiple backgrounds & background-size
- New selectors
- Combining CSS3 and CSS content
- Transitions, Animations, 3D Transforms
- Layout: Media queries, Box-sizing, Columns, Flexbox
The workshop will be run by Marta Armada (@martuishere) and Javier Usobiaga (@htmlboy) who are a couple of web designers based in Barcelona, Spain. They own a small web design studio called Swwweet and combine their web design work with workshops and running some local web design events.
This training workshop will be in Newcastle in mid November the same week as a second workshop on Responsive Web Design. There will be discounted tickets for attending both and the prices will make the training extremely good value for money. To make sure you dont miss out register your interest.